Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Skiffy & Fanty

The Skiffy and Fanty Show podcast is doing a lot of good work promoting sf from all around the world. For the latest episode of their sf world tour they invited Jukka Halme, Maria Turtschaninoff, Janos Honkonen, and myself to discuss the Finnish sf scene, our conventions (including, of course, the Helsinki Worldcon bid), authors, and such. I have to admit I was a bit nervous about hearing myself talk, but I don’t think we rambled too badly. Thanks for having us on the show!

Check out the show notes for a lot of links to Finnish sf recommendations. And by the way, earlier this month they posted an interview with Emmi Itäranta that you should also check out for more Finnish sf greatness.

PS For listening to podcasts, I can’t recommend the Overcast app highly enough. Its “smart speed” feature that intelligently shortens the pauses between words makes people like me who’re not used to talking on radio (esp. in a foreign language) sound much more eloquent.

No comments:

Finlandia Award Nominees 2018

The Finlandia Award nominees for this year have been announced, and there are a couple of familiar sfnal names in the mix. Magdalena Hai’s K...